Questions Apakah DIRB bisa digunakan untuk DOS?

nanovim

DFM Member
LV

12 Jul 2021
DragonCoin
Eagle
Ancient Piranha
Ulat Gonggok Gergasi
Does DIRB send any requests? I thought it just crawl the site to get as many directories as possible right? Even if it does send requests, need to customize the tool to send multiple requests; then that'll be inefficient and it's just better to use Hammer or something? :unsure: :unsure:

Bahahaisthebest

DFM Member
DFM Member
LV

24 Jun 2021
DragonCoin
Oyen The Arrogant Cat
Eagle
Ulat Gonggok Gergasi
Does DIRB send any requests? I thought it just crawl the site to get as many directories as possible right? Even if it does send requests, need to customize the tool to send multiple requests; then that'll be inefficient and it's just better to use Hammer or something? :unsure: :unsure:
yeah i dunno, probably no

Reactions: Falcon98

thearchitect

DFM Guru
DFM Guru
LV

5 Jun 2021
DragonCoin
Ulat Gonggok Gergasi
Apple Macbook Pro 13
Apple iPhone 13 Pro
Thinkpad x1
in order to check whether a directory exists or not, the tool has to send a HTTP request.

So, it probably can, but it may not be as effective.

Try it on localhost and see how much bandwidth got transferred

There's a cli tool called "ab" which is included with Apache HTTPD installation, which, I think can be abused for the same purpose too. Furthermore, it supports multithreading which makes it even better.

nanovim

DFM Member
LV

12 Jul 2021
DragonCoin
Eagle
Ancient Piranha
Ulat Gonggok Gergasi
in order to check whether a directory exists or not, the tool has to send a HTTP request.

So, it probably can, but it may not be as effective.

Try it on localhost and see how much bandwidth got transferred

There's a cli tool called "ab" which is included with Apache HTTPD installation, which, I think can be abused for the same purpose too. Furthermore, it supports multithreading which makes it even better.

Thank you for the clarification, I like to rectify my points then. Will be looking on it 👍